Have you ever gone outside to see a plane you were tracking?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
jonfear

Re: Have you ever gone outside to see a plane you were track

Post by jonfear » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi Doug,

Is she on your VRS and do you have a url for us to take a look at her?

Thanks

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

DRL

Post by DRL » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:51 pm

jonfear wrote:Hi Doug,

Is she on your VRS and do you have a url for us to take a look at her?

Thanks

Jon
Yes, I had the Lanc on VRS, the best I can do is a screen shot-- It seldom does more than a quick circuit, so seeing it at all is special.

Lanc-VRS
Lanc-VRS (Larger)

Here she is at the Hamilton ON air show about a month ago.
Air show
Let me know if the link doesn't work.
Doug
Last edited by DRL on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nightsurfer

Post by Nightsurfer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks for that, Doug. only a week to go before she lands in UK :D
--
G1EKW, VRS-Bedford
Never knowingly understood

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Outstanding, Thanks Doug.

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

DRL

Post by DRL » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:22 am

Thanks guys, I hope you have the chance to spot the Lanc or even see it. It is sobering to think there are but still two flying... as war birds go I have a big appreciation of the Lancaster. My uncle was a tail gunner in one that was shot down over France, he was saved by chute and therefore became a member of the caterpillar club, (saved by silk) :-)

Bonus vid - Our Hamilton Ontario museum DeHav Mosquito (only flying copy I think) in formation with the Lanc, spitfire and hurricane.

The Hamilton Ontario merlin flight

Best regards and good spotting... C07DD7
Callsign CGVRA

Bon Voyage!

DATE: August 4, 2014

TIME: Museum opens early at 8 am, Ceremony at 9 am, Take-off at 10 am.

ADMISSION: Regular admission rates apply to visitors.

DETAILS:
Visitors are encouraged to come out and see the Lancaster off as she departs on the "Thwaites Lancaster Bomber Tour 2014" to the UK. While in the UK for almost 2 months, the Lancaster will fly with the world's only other flying Lancaster, operated by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and is expected to be seen by tens of millions of people. The Lancaster will visit Iceland, England, Scotland, Ireland and the Channel Islands.

The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum will be flying their prized Avro Lancaster to England on August 4th for a 2 month tour. The Lancaster will join the only other airworthy Lancaster in the world, owned and operated by the Royal Air Force's renowned Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF), and participate in several events and activities.

The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster will depart from Hamilton, Ontario on August 4th and plan to arrive in England on August 8th. The North Atlantic crossing will include en-route stops at Goose Bay, Labrador, Canada, possibly Narsarsuaq, Greenland, and Keflavik, Iceland, prior to arriving at the BBMF, RAF Coningsby. Shortly after arriving, the Lancaster will undergo a scheduled maintenance inspection and then the Canadian crews will complete a short training program with the BBMF in preparation to participate in several air displays and fly pasts with the BBMF Lancaster and fighters starting on August 14th.

Press Release

Doug.