VRS-EUROPE.ORG.UK

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
jonfear

VRS-EUROPE.ORG.UK

Post by jonfear » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi Everyone

Just an update for www.vrs-europe.org.uk.

I have just moved the dns to point to the new server host in Amsterdam. The primary reason for this was that my internet connection was suffering under the load.

I now have a virtual server that is scalable. We have plenty of bandwidth (5TB) and is being fed from a 100MB backbone.

I think that we will see an improvement in the speed of serving the site!

If anyone would like to feed into us, please feel free to drop me a line. The data is only used on the web site.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me a PM.

Thanks again to the people who are feeding already.

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

CharlieAlpha

Re: VRS-EUROPE.ORG.UK

Post by CharlieAlpha » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi Jon

just checked out the vrs_europe site. Like what you are doing.

Just a quick question regarding military aircraft. I noticed you have squadron specific operator icons for RAF and other air forces and would like to do something similar with my VRS setup. I have found a couple of downloads to give me some squadron/flight icon bmp files. How have you set up your basestation database? I downloaded mine from ManTMA overflights group and it only has "RFR"(for example) as the operatorflagcode.

Have you changed the operatorflagcode to some squadron/flight identifier to get the icons to show? Are you using registration/ICAO modeS overrides for the icons? Or is there some clever trick I don't know about? If you have aircraft to squadrons in the db is there a better source (ie one that has the assignments already) I can download - I am not looking forward to manually assigning aircraft to squadrons or creating individual bmp's for each aircraft.

Charlie

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi Charlie

Thanks for your feedback. Costing me £30 per month for the server but hey, what a hobby!

Nothing special used, just the sbs resources operator flags from the http://www.sbs-resources.com/, I used the v6.7 as I had issues with the v7 beta.

I do have the GAS Active Display running, I am sure that helps with sorting the aircraft but again, nothing special. I suggest you give the SBS resources a try first as it is free then try the AD Lite if that does not work.

What is your location? Hopefully you may be able to provide a feed to fill some of our holes...there are many!

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks Jon

I'll have a play with sbs-resources ... probably over the weekend to distract me from eating too many Easter Eggs and Hot-X buns !

I'm in SW London, under southern (via Ockham & Biggin holding points) approach to LHR when they are using 09. I think you are pretty well covered this area already.

Charlie

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi Charlie

Not completely, I guess you have a reasonable view of the low level Gatwick stuff that we are missing....

Jon

manaesh

Post by manaesh » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 am

Hi Jon

I am 10 miles from LHR and about 25 miles from LGW and get arrivals/departures down to around 850 feet on both from 4 RTL tuners scattered around my house.

I feed my data into Mac (Gareth), and also grab his Irish feed...

If you want you can have my feed - i would be interested in your Bristol area feed as well!

I also have a car located in one of the staff car parks at LGW or LHR every day - and am toying with the idea of placing a portable Raspberry Pi receiver in it to grab all the low level and ground movements....

If any of the above is of interest give me a shout/pm!

Cheers

Mike

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Mike

PM sent. Welcome aboard.

Anyone else that wants to share, just shout out! Everyone is welcome.

Jon

jonfear

Re: VRS-EUROPE.ORG.UK Announcement

Post by jonfear » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi everyone

Just to let you know, Mike's data (Manaesh) is now online at www.vrs-europe.org.uk.

To further re-enforce our European credentials, VRS-Europe is also available via www.vrs-europe.eu.

Anyone can provide a feed, we will take everyone in Europe. Just drop me a line.

Best wishes

Jon

manaesh

Post by manaesh » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Cheers Jon

Much appreciated and glad to be pushing some data!

Regards

Mike

jonfear

Re: VRS-EUROPE.ORG.UK and vrs-europe.eu

Post by jonfear » Fri May 09, 2014 11:38 pm

All

I would like to announce that we have now have permission to share the ADSB Hub feed on the VRS europe web site.

It has not been included into our merged feed as I wish them to be seen as the contributions from the individual contributors.

All you have to do to see the feed is select the ADSB Hub Feed from the menu.

Many thanks to Mark for the permissions.

If anyone want to provide their individual feed to vrs-europe, just drop me a line...

Enjoy!

Jon