Planes or in the list but not showing on the map?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
K9 Spike

Planes or in the list but not showing on the map?

Post by K9 Spike » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:54 am

sometimes I get in my list aircrafts or helicopters which is not found on the map.
Usually these ar military planes, sport planes and police helicopters ...
I think this is because MLAT, but am not sure.
Can anyone tell me what the reason is and how I can solve this to see this on the map..

GaryG

Re: Planes or in the list but not showing on the map?

Post by GaryG » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Almost all planes have/use Mode C as I am pretty sure it is a requirement for any controlled airspace.

Mode S is still not a requirement everywhere, and many smaller and older aircraft are not equipped yet.

Mode C only aircraft do show in the list without Lat/Lon and these are probably the ones you are seeing in the list only.

Most military planes also (for some strange reason) don't broadcast their position either and that probably will not change.

GaryG

K9 Spike

Post by K9 Spike » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:26 pm

GaryG wrote:Almost all planes have/use Mode C as I am pretty sure it is a requirement for any controlled airspace.

Mode S is still not a requirement everywhere, and many smaller and older aircraft are not equipped yet.

Mode C only aircraft do show in the list without Lat/Lon and these are probably the ones you are seeing in the list only.

Most military planes also (for some strange reason) don't broadcast their position either and that probably will not change.

GaryG
Thank you Gary for those explanation. ;)

milairuk

Post by milairuk » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:43 pm

K9 Spike wrote:sometimes I get in my list aircrafts or helicopters which is not found on the map.
Usually these ar military planes, sport planes and police helicopters ...
I think this is because MLAT, but am not sure.
Can anyone tell me what the reason is and how I can solve this to see this on the map..
Don't forget the "list only visible" option line above the aircraft list, this will effectively remove all those that are not showing on the map due to reasons already stated.
Saw an Apache pop up on the "list all" option the other day and it actually flew over my house 5 minutes later!!

John