Acars And Routes

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Extranet

Acars And Routes

Post by Extranet » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 am

Morning All,

I have a week off work so thought I would take a look at ACARS decoding , I've setup my Beaglebone Black to run AcarsDeco2 & send the results to SBS3-ACARS-Display by Mike Simpson

Ignoring the duplicates I seem to have some data :)

My question is what can I do with this data , do the people here adding Routes to VRS have any tips for me or other software I should take a look at ?

Thanks in advance

Nigel
VRS World is a Private ADSB Network with its own MLAT Server.
If your interested in joining us then please visit our Facebook Group
for more details or email support(at)vrs-world.com

milairuk

Re: Acars And Routes

Post by milairuk » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi Nigel,
I stand to be corrected by more knowledgeable people but ACARS is not the same type of data as ADS-B which is what VRS and FR24 use. I believe that Plane Plotter will accept ACARS data, but you have to pay for this software. I have never managed to get far with PP, but that's probably me.

Hope more posts will follow and confirm / deny my comments :geek:

John

Extranet

Post by Extranet » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for the info :) I managed to get ACARS data working with PP a few days ago my question is more to do with how people are adding their route information to VRS , I looked at http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/FlightRoutes.aspx
but even after reading that page I'm still confused :oops:

Nigel

milairuk

Post by milairuk » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 am

Sorry Nigel, misunderstood the question - I have no knowledge of this at all, its a new one on me. Maybe this question would be better asked in the "Routes" forum ?

John

Extranet

Post by Extranet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:52 am

Hi John,

Yes maybe Jon or another mod can move this topic to the routes forum :)

Nigel

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:58 am

There is a web page on this site that you can use to submit new routes or changes to existing routes.

The page can be found at http://sdm.virtualradarserver.co.uk/

You will need to set up a separate account on that page for some reason (Andrew can probably explain why the sdm and forum pages need separate logins).

You have to manually add each route using the callsign/flight number and the airports (IATA and/or ICAO codes accepted). Multiple 'hops' can be included in routes, e.g. LHR JFK LAX. The callsign/flight number prefix (first 2/3 characters) must exist in VRS's database of operators. As far as I know there is no way to do a bulk upload.

Once you have entered your routes you can submit the batch for approval (note: a batch is limited to 30 routes, if you have more routes just start a new batch and submit it).

After submission the batches are periodical processed by Andrew and added to the VRS Standing Data database. The database is automatically updated in your VRS installation when you run the program while connected to the internet. It may take a few days for your submission to be processed and the new routes propagate out to the standing data database.

Hope this at least gives you a start to add your routes.

Charlie

Extranet

Post by Extranet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi,

Ok thanks for the info Charlie , I'll take a look & request a separate account.

Nigel

loww

Post by loww » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:01 am

Maybe you someone can add a feature to show ACARS Messages next to the Aircraft?

The Problem with ACARSDECO2 is the Files are very bad and there is no way to read it like a CSV File.
:!: :!: :!: I search for People who want exchange VRS Data. I life near LOWW and i have a huge Coverage and multiple Receiver. :!: :!: :!:

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:48 am

Showing ACARS messages for an aircraft is on the list of things to do, just not got around to doing it yet :)