Questions about VR 2.1.0

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
matthys70

Questions about VR 2.1.0

Post by matthys70 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:20 am

Not sure where to post this but have some questions about the new 2.1.0 version;

1) In the previous version I have flag icons matching registration but in the new version it seems it 'only' looks at Operation Code. Did this change or is there some setting I missed? I would prefer if no Operation Code it will match flag with Registration.

2) Is it still not possible to highlight planes marked as Interested in the BaseStation database?

Thanks,
Matthijs

jonfear

Re: Questions about VR 2.1.0

Post by jonfear » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:12 am

Hi Matthijs

The flag option (Operator Flag) is still there, look under menu, options, list on the web page. If you have the flags installed they should appear. I have them selected on my page.

Andrew will have to reply about interested planes. I do not have that answer.

Best wishes

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

matthys70

Post by matthys70 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:26 am

jonfear wrote:The flag option (Operator Flag) is still there, look under menu, options, list on the web page.
Not sure if we both understand each other :roll:

Maybe I was not clear enough but I will give you an example;
PH-PXD is a police (KLPD Dienst Luchtvaart Politie) helicopter with no Operation Code.
So it this moment it does not show any flag, though there is a flag icon called PH-PXD.bmp in the OperatorFlags folder.
In the previous version, it would display the Registration flag (which I prefer) if there was any.

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:42 am

Hi Matthijs

OK that's weird. I am not sure I will be able to replicate that on my system. I will keep an eye on my VRS and see if I can spot that. Please bear with me. Andrew may have to answer this one as well!

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

Joolde

Post by Joolde » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi Matthijs,

I think I know what you mean. In the previous VRS version there was a 'registration override' for the operator flag code and silhouette. That way, a logo with a registration as filename could be called automatically by the web page. In the current version this option is disabled, though you can override it.

Generally, there are 2 options now:

1. If you have just a few registration-dependent logos, you can change the operator flag to that plane's registration. For instance, for the PH-PXD, you can set the operator flag code to PH-PXD, and the web page will call PH-PXD.bmp

2. The other option (the most useful in case of lots of registration logos) is to install the Custom Content plugin (http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Download.aspx) and set the VRS.globalOptions.aircraftAllowRegistrationFlagOverride option to true. It may seem very difficult, but in fact it isn't. Feel free to PM me (I'm also Dutch :D )

Hope this helps you out! :)

And regarding the highlighting of interested planes, I think it's on the to-do list for the next VRS version.

Jordy

matthys70

Post by matthys70 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:43 am

Joolde wrote:2. The other option (the most useful in case of lots of registration logos) is to install the Custom Content plugin (http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Download.aspx) and set the VRS.globalOptions.aircraftAllowRegistrationFlagOverride option to true.
Already used the Custom Content plugin to change range colours, so it was an easy trick to add the "VRS.globalOptions.aircraftAllowRegistrationFlagOverride = true;" parameter.
BTW .. I would have wished this would be a configurable option and not a hack with the Custom Content plugin, but just my thoughts.

And works fine :D

Would there a way to colour Interested planes as well with the Custom Content plugin?

agw

Post by agw » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying. The ability to highlight interested aircraft is coming, it's on the list - just not got around to it yet. You can't add that via the custom content plugin, or at least not easily, as it involves changes to the JavaScript for the aircraft list.

The reason why I took the aircraft registration thing out is because some registrations were getting confused with operator codes and model types. The reason why it's a JavaScript option, as opposed to a configurable option, is because (1) if I kept adding JavaScript settings to the server configuration the options screen would end up being a mojillion pages of web site configuration and (2) I'm too lazy to do it :) Any time I add an option to the server configuration it involves a whole pile of work (storing it on the server, adding it to the GUI, sending it to the site and then having the site pick it up and use it) whereas a VRS.globalOptions setting is usually just one line of code.

matthys70

Post by matthys70 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm

agw wrote:The reason why I took the aircraft registration thing out is because some registrations were getting confused with operator codes and model types.
I was familiar with that problem, in my case it sometimes took Silhouette and not the Registration if there was no Operation Code.
In that case the Registration of the plane was the same as the Type code....
I rather would like to see Operation Code or Registration by pull-down box or by custom content plugin configurable.
Not associated with Type (Silhouette)... also do not understand why to take Type, as Silhouettes are in different folder.

Anyway ... appreciate your reply, and waiting for the highlight interested aircraft (I hope in both desktop and reports). ;)

Cheers,
Matthijs