Website Translations

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Extranet

Website Translations

Post by Extranet » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:21 am

Hi

Can anyone give me some pointers into how the website translations work ? for the moment I have edited the localise.js & added a strings.de.js / globalalize.culture.de.js / globalize.culture.de-DE.js files :)
menu-de.jpg
menu-de.jpg (13.62 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
menu-de01.jpg
menu-de01.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
If I click the Language the webpage just hangs so I guess I'm missing a step or line in the config :roll:

Thanks

Nigel
VRS World is a Private ADSB Network with its own MLAT Server.
If your interested in joining us then please visit our Facebook Group
for more details or email support(at)vrs-world.com

Extranet

Re: Website Translations

Post by Extranet » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Update : We got some where with this :)

http://de.vrs-world.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html#
VRS-DE.jpg
VRS-DE.jpg (155.43 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
Thanks to all who helped :)
VRS World is a Private ADSB Network with its own MLAT Server.
If your interested in joining us then please visit our Facebook Group
for more details or email support(at)vrs-world.com

agw

Post by agw » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:07 pm

If you're willing to take over the German translations for VRS then I'd be happy to add them to the program :) I did have German translations a while ago but they were done by a friend of mine who isn't a VRS user, and I felt a bit awkward asking him to keep them up-to-date so eventually they got out of step with the program and I ended up taking them out. It would be nice to have German back in there again.

However it is quite a lot of work, so no worries if you'd rather not. But if you are willing to take it on then send me an email or a PM and I'll let you know what's involved.

Meghna

Post by Meghna » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 am

May I know how translation works? Are you using Google translate for that?

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:42 pm

No, a human being needs to do the translations, they supply RESX files for the server translations and a JavaScript file for the web site translations. On the web site of things a couple of files need to be set up so that the translations appear on the site - specifically entries for the new translation need to go into globalize.js, new globalisation setting files adding to i18n/globalize and new country flags adding to images/regions.

The German translation is now complete, courtesy of Annette Schaupp. If you want to give it a go then you can download the preview server and language pack from here:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Preview.aspx

I added a new string today so the "Offline mode" checkbox has not been translated as-at the time of writing :) But the rest of it is all there.

loww

Post by loww » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:45 am

i try to run the setup. I select German but nothink happened in the VRS?!
Does i have anythink to activate?
I cant see it in the result.
:!: :!: :!: I search for People who want exchange VRS Data. I life near LOWW and i have a huge Coverage and multiple Receiver. :!: :!: :!:

mrizzi64

Post by mrizzi64 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:41 am

Dear Agw
I have been working on the translation of the web site to Spanish. I've added a line in the localise.js, the strings on a new file strings.es.js and the corresponding globalize file. Also the Spanish flag on the regions directory.
But when I ran the server, on the log file a checksum error on those files is displayed.
How can I override this problem? Should I send you those files? On previous versions it worked good but on 2.1.0 it doesn't.

Regards
MARCELO.

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

loww wrote:i try to run the setup. I select German but nothink happened in the VRS?!
Does i have anythink to activate?
I cant see it in the result.
Translations are split into two parts. The website translation is installed along with the server, you should get the German translations if you install the latest preview version of VRS and you usually need to select the translation manually via the Menu button on the site.

The server translations are installed separately, you need to download and run the language pack installer for those. The translations don't need to be manually selected, if Windows is set to the de-DE region then VRS will show the German server translations. You can, however, force the use of a particular translation by running VRS from the command line and using the -culture flag. For German this would be VirtualRadar -culture:de-DE

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:30 pm

mrizzi64 wrote:Dear Agw
I have been working on the translation of the web site to Spanish. I've added a line in the localise.js, the strings on a new file strings.es.js and the corresponding globalize file. Also the Spanish flag on the regions directory.
But when I ran the server, on the log file a checksum error on those files is displayed.
How can I override this problem? Should I send you those files? On previous versions it worked good but on 2.1.0 it doesn't.

Regards
MARCELO.
The checksums were introduced in 2.0, it won't have worked since then :) If you want me to add the web site translation to the program then I'm happy to do that, but if you want to keep it private then the way to get around the checksums problem is to install the custom content plugin and then in Site root folder specify the Web folder in your VRS install folder. So if you installed VRS to C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualRadar then you'd enter C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualRadar\Web as the site root folder.

loww

Post by loww » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:33 pm

VRS Software is in German but the Website show me only GB, RU, CN,... but not AT.
:!: :!: :!: I search for People who want exchange VRS Data. I life near LOWW and i have a huge Coverage and multiple Receiver. :!: :!: :!: