ActiveDisplayLight issue or not ??

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
lindamor

ActiveDisplayLight issue or not ??

Post by lindamor » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:05 am

Hi, all together!

Are there any known issues to run ActiveDisplayLight on "Non-BaseStation" Systems?
My System is based on a 7 Euro-RTL-Stick with a RaspPi on it.

Please dont suggest me to use the "pro" Version!
I just want to know, if it is possible to run the "light-Version" with a "non-basestation" hardwarebased System, because
i was read a lot of issues about it in this Forum.
Is there a proper way to become it to run, and updating my database? (basestation.sqb just created for VRS by "DatabaseWriterPlugin")
Please let me know your experience, so i can think further what to do, to become this to run.

With best regards ever

Lindamor

GregoryGHarding

Re: ActiveDisplayLight issue or not ??

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri May 01, 2015 2:55 am

you have to run basestation in order for ADL to run properly, theres some sort of data packet that only comes from basestation that ADL looks for. here it comes.. if you want to bypass that you can use the paid PRO version :p

lindamor

Post by lindamor » Fri May 01, 2015 11:36 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:you have to run basestation in order for ADL to run properly, theres some sort of data packet that only comes from basestation that ADL looks for. here it comes.. if you want to bypass that you can use the paid PRO version :p
Do you mean the Hardware or can i just run the software (basestation.exe) to do it ?

greetings

Linda

Cix

Post by Cix » Fri May 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello,

There's a way to get ADLite running, but its rather... difficult.
Have a good look in this topic, http://forum.virtualradarserver.co.uk/v ... t=30#p1982 , should explain it all.

If you can't get it to work, try PBlink, works well, and is much easier to install. Database isn't as big as ADLite's, but unkowns ICAO's are easily found and added to the DB, and this way you help increase it aswell ;).

Good luck!