ModeSCountry query

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
CharlieAlpha

ModeSCountry query

Post by CharlieAlpha » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi Andrew

A quick query...

When ManTMA stopped providing their updates to the basestation.sqb database I switched to the Planebase and PBLink to get updates. I suspect other users did likewise PB and PBLink have been mentioned on this forum.

The guys at PB have recently announced that they are now going to be to including the ModeSCountry field in their database going forward - in the most recent update has that field set to null. They also seem to have set the country field to the civilian country prefix e.g. G for UK, B for China etc so there is no textual country name in the database.

Will have a null value in this field cause anything to break in VRS? I think it is used / displayed on the detail panel. I guess if the value is null it will just display a blank space or not display anything. I think it is shown in the aircraft list of reports as default as well although that is user configurable.

It hasn't caused any problems so far as most of the entries in my database have the modescountry set but going forward I guess more and more will become null.

Charlie

agw

Re: ModeSCountry query

Post by agw » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 am

It will be fine - as you say, it will just show an empty string.