PlaneAlerter 2.0

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Dom2364

Re: PlaneAlerter 2.0

Post by Dom2364 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:04 am

VA2DG, I think adsbexchange may be blocking aircraftlist.json if you send too many requests. You can try to reduce to refresh rate and see if that helps, I'll see if it happens on my setup. kiwikieran, one of your emails is invalid, either change it in the conditions editor or open the conditions.json in notepad and change it there. I'll add email validation and prevent it crashing in the next update.
I write software and take photos.
AussieADSB
Full Throttle Photography

kiwikieran

Post by kiwikieran » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:10 am

Thanks Dom, Not sure why it would be the email? As nothing had changed. I had the json open in notepad++ and even after I closed it it still crashed so I deleted the "tab" from notepad++ and it worked.

VA2DG

Post by VA2DG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks Dom

I have pointed the feed to a private aircraftlist.json of VE2ZPS that is local to Montreal and with 2.0.4 it work fine decoding plane over 2000 ft

so i guess adsbexchange is the issue for timing out.

Thanks
---------
Daniel
VA2DG

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi Dom ;)

I saw your recent version of planealerter that you released some time before, its really nice btw even though I faced some issues but I solved them already :)

I remembered about an idea that I had 1 year before about plane alert etc (I quote you that specific message that I had posted in the current thread)
xristostra86 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:46 am
Hello , I recently got an idea about the PlaneAlerter software, but I don't know how plausible it is. :?:

I thought that it would be perfect if the PlaneAlerter had some kind of "ALARM" that after some parameter's trigger , to play some kind of alarm sound on computer's headphones !

In example , when a military aircraft approach near to your receiver , the program should be able to play some kind of continuous alert sound (until the target leaves from your coverage or geofence position) (like sonar's sound or any "beep") in order to notify you (except from email messages).

It would be also usefull to have the choice of email alert , or just sound alert through your computer speakers.

I really like this idea , but my programming knowledge is not enough for making it real..

Thank you very much in advance ,

Keep up this PERFECT work ! :)
I just want to know whether you managed to start that kind of project or not :ugeek:

I think its gonna be a nice and fresh update for our favourite software !

Thank you for sharing your programming skills with us :D

pilot4g

Post by pilot4g » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi
Thanks Don for this awesome concept / program but having issues with crashes after running and can't figure it out. Tried using 3 different email services, deleting the alert list and starting fresh all with no results. Here is a copy of the Windows 10 event / error log, seems like might be an e-mail error but not a "coder" so not sure.
Tried all the items noted in this planealerter 2.0 thread but not able to keep from constant program crashes any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
John

Faulting application name: PlaneAlerter.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b175e7f
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.547, time stamp: 0xb03e83b5
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00103ff2
Faulting process id: 0xe08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d418dc760b8088
Faulting application path: C:\Users\pcuser\Desktop\planealerter 07-08-18\PlaneAlerter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: dec97794-6d96-4df5-be5d-0dd2e730db54
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: PlaneAlerter.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressCollection.Add(System.String)
at PlaneAlerter.Email.sendEmail(System.String, System.Net.Mail.MailMessage, Condition, Aircraft, System.String, System.String, Boolean)
at PlaneAlerter.Checker.Start()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Dom2364

Post by Dom2364 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:42 pm

xristostra86, I've added sound alerts to the todo list and I'll try to add it in the next version. John, one of your emails is invaid which is causing it to crash when sending emails, fixing that should stop the crashes. Sorry about the lack of progress lately, I've been busy with other things.
I write software and take photos.
AussieADSB
Full Throttle Photography

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Nice Dom , thank you very much ;)

Toshi_JPS

Post by Toshi_JPS » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:33 am

Hello everybody. I'm an aviation spotter from Japan. I really want this alert system.
I tried settings in a week. But still can not work.
Do my settings have any problems? Please help me.

ImageIMG_4331 by Toshiro Aoki, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4332 by Toshiro Aoki, on Flickr

Thank you. Toshi.

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Toshi,

Before we start, please note the following ;)

As I can see you use gmail as your email sender ,

1) did you enable the "google less secure app" ?

2) I think that condition is false, B763 (Boeing 763) is an aircraft type and not an ICAO. That's why PlaneAlerter is not triggered, just because there is not valid ICAO to make it recognizable ;) You need to find the right ICAO through your central radar page (vrs local address)

Check that things and let me know for further instructions, :idea:

jdor

Post by jdor » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Dom,

thanks for this, just what i was looking for.

I am having an issue it says, error while connecting to AircraftList.json (unable to connect the remote server)

AircraftList.json url http://127.0.0.1:1236/VirtualRadar/AircraftList.json
radar url to emails http://127.0.0.1:1236/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

also i cant set any conditions, when attempting to do this i get a big red box (please see screenshot here https://imagebin.ca/v/4Es2DdHE2xbr
n
can you or anybody help with this