PlaneAlerter 2.0

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Beni

Re: PlaneAlerter 2.0

Postby Beni » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi guys
I am new for this forum, I am an aircraft enthusiast, I have installed a VirtualRadar Server at home only for exclusive use of controlling the flights and important aircraft of the area of ​​the Canary Islands, I belong to a group of colleagues that we do spotters, I Seen this software that I think is great (PlaneAlert 2.0.2), and it is very useful to me, I thank in advance to the person who made it come true.
Guys, I have a problem, it may be stupid, but I ask for help, in principle it works for me, just when I get the message, in Gmail, on the Left, all the details of the plane, and on the right a box with a position, Is supposed to be the plane, but the whole box is blue, you can not see the map of the islands ... it seems that there is only water, and it is not like that, the islands are missing, and I do not get the airplane pictures, which would be The steps to review, it is clear that something I do not do well ..

thank you for your help

Beni Gran canaria-Spain

darrylcn

Postby darrylcn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi Beni,

I got your PM. Sadly I haven't been able to fix my zoom issue. Luckily it's the only issue I've experienced but I don't see a way to correct it. Some maps in the emails are zoomed in so it's hard to see where a plane is and others are zoomed out properly.

Does anyone else have a "map zoomed too far in" issue I'm having where some emails contain maps that are too magnified to tell where a plane is?

Here's my post with photos as an example

https://forum.virtualradarserver.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=865&start=110#p6732

Beni

Postby Beni » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello darrylcn
Thanks for answering,
effectively. Is the same problem, you can not see the exact position of the plane on the map .. the truth very interesting Software, but it seems that nobody solves it at the moment, I do not know how it works for the other guys, could say something, I will have to continue receiving alerts from Flightradar24

Very kind darrylcn

Thank you

loplo

Postby loplo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi,

since two weeks my alerts looks different.
On the map attached in the email, there's only a pin with the location if the airplane. In the past, there was the path of the flight.

Now

Before

For alert type I have "Both" selected, so at "LOST SGNL" I should receive at least a path and not a place marker.

Is this a known issue? Is it something wrong on my side?
Last edited by loplo on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Courtright

Postby Courtright » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 am

I absolutely love plane alerter. Thanks for the updates!

lesveldt

Postby lesveldt » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Is it possible to run it on a Raspberry Pi?

efpom

Postby efpom » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Looking at the source code:

I think the zoom setting needs to be specified in Email.cs at section commencing "//If aircraft has a position, generate a google map url"

by adding at googleMapUrl = "http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?............ &zoom=(a number)

A number = whatever you desire, but 12 would give a large coverage map.

-------------------------------
This is my theory. but I do not know how to compile the program.

darrylcn

Postby darrylcn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Oh wow thanks! Gonna look into that. That's been my only issue with this amazing program. Can't believe how great it works, so much more free time now that I don't have to stare at the VRS map all the time. :mrgreen:

efpom

Postby efpom » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:40 pm

RE email map size:
a workaround

-1 Right click on "open map"
-2 Copy link location
-3 Open new browser tab
-4 Paste link location into address bar
-5 Insert "&zoom=8" (lower number = bigger map area)
- click on modded address

e.g.
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/sta ... -0.049046|

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/st ... -0.049046|

--------------------------------------

Dom2364

Postby Dom2364 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Sorry about not fixing this sooner, didn't even realise it was a problem because all of my email notifications were going to my spam folder. Found that when the urls for maps with trails were generated, it was adding an extra character to the end, causing it only to display one coordinate and not the trail. Because google maps automatically zooms to fit a trail, I wasn't specifying a zoom level, and because the trail wasn't being displayed it zoomed too far in. If the aircraft doesn't have a trail and only one coordinate, planealerter will generate a map at zoom level 8, which should be zoomed out enough to get an idea of where it is. Updated version is up on GitHub.

About running planealerter on a raspberry pi, it may work using mono but planealerter uses .net, which only supports windows.
I make programs and things.
My Website
SEQLDRadar.net

Return to “General Discussion”