PlaneAlerter 2.0

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
LincsVRS

Re: PlaneAlerter 2.0

Post by LincsVRS » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Ah, many thanks. Looks like I was downloading on the files as a package on the download page using the "clone or download" button but further down there is a "Download Latest Version" which provides a file with the Json & EXE...... Told you I might be a little thick. Many thanks!

darrylcn

Post by darrylcn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Glad I could help. The more people using this program the better. It's awesome and really powerful/useful once you get the logic you want set up.

HansW

Post by HansW » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:30 am

Hi,

New to PlaneAlerter and trying to set it up in such a way that I will only receive alerts from aircraft in a range of 0-300km from my location. I have tried the following condition:

Property: ICAO
Starts with: AE (so all USAF aircraft)
Distance: Lower than 300

This does not work, I do NOT get any match; even if I can clearly see on my VRS that multiple aircraft are in range.
If I delete the "distance" trigger, I DO get all AExxx aircraft listed; but obviously that is not what I want, I ONLY want to see those in range of 0-300km!

So I thought as a workaround to change the aircraftList.json URL from: http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/AircraftList.json to http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/AircraftL ... &fDstU=300
However; this results in the status: Dowloading Aircraft information..... and no info is downloaded (it repeats itself but continuously getting the same status).
If I remove the "&fDstU=300" than it DOES starts checking the conditions for aircraft again.

I have also included my Latitude and Longitude in the configuration settings, but to no avail.

I am not sure what I am missing out, It must be possible to get this working... Any help much appreciated! (and any additional information on how to use conditions is also greatly received, I have tried to find info on the internet but could not find any guidance..).

Regards, Hans

Dom2364

Post by Dom2364 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Adding URL parameters doesn't work as PlaneAlerter adds parameters already, which would make the url have two & symbols which is invalid. I'll test the distance trigger in the next day or two to make sure it works, the only problem could be your latitude and longitude not working. Make sure the latitude and longitude are in decimal and not degrees minutes and seconds.
I write software and take photos.
AussieADSB
Full Throttle Photography

darrylcn

Post by darrylcn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:49 pm

I regularly use the distance feature, it's working for me under the Configure section, I'm using ##.#### format for Lat/Long.

HansW

Post by HansW » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I have (and had) the Latitude set as 52,000 and Longitude as 4,4200 in the configure settings; so that should be correct. The issue remains: as soon as I include a distance-trigger, I get zero results. Without the distance-trigger, I get multiple results on the "AE" aircraft.... :roll: :roll:

Meanwhile I did some further testing.

When I set the trigger on: "Distance Lower than 8000" and a trigger on "ICAO contains AE", I DO get some aircraft! In this case; amongst others two MC-130's that are flying in the area of Mildenhall. If I reduce the 8000 to say 900, than these C-130's are NOT showing anymore, while the distance between my location in NL (52.000 / 4.4200) and the C-130's is roughly 300-350km only!

So something is going wrong with the Long/Lat and the distance entered in the Condition Editor, but I have no clue what..... :?

F4ASJ

Post by F4ASJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 pm

philhyde wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:23 pm
Hello,

I run VRS using Mono on a Raspberry Pi. Has anyone successfully gotten PlaneAlerter to run on this platform?

cheers,
Phil
Hi, any news about this post ?

Regards,

Olivier

thetford569

Post by thetford569 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:56 pm

This is an awesome program that I never knew about until now. It's exactly what I have been looking for. A way to alert me of military aircraft coming into my area. I have noticed a few things. I ended up with about 13 different conditions and when I got past about 10 it would not re-open the right condition for editing. When I clicked on the 13th condition in the list for example it would open a condition up further in the list (like #6). The only way for me to change the conditions after having 10 of them was to delete them and re-do those specific conditions over again. Is this a bug?

I am setting up specific conditions for each type of military aircraft so that's why I have ended up with several in the list. I don't see a way to have multiple ICAO types under one condition so for me I had to make several to alert me of the different types.

Thanks for a great program!

darrylcn

Post by darrylcn » Mon May 14, 2018 1:15 pm

I have about 16 and have the same issue. One solution is to use the Move Up button on the alert you want to edit until it goes high enough to actually show when clicked. What I've been doing is backing up and then editing the Conditions.json file since it's faster. I recently added a new email to all my alerts and that was the only reason I was able to do it quickly.

thetford569

Post by thetford569 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:18 am

Does anyone know a way to alert of a specific aircraft type but not locally based aircraft? For example I want to alert for C-130s below a certain altitude but not ones that fly from my local airbase. I have tagged all of the local C-130s in the User Tag field as KNFW. I set up an alert for C130s below 20,000 ft which works fine. When I add the User Tag field and set it to "Not Equals" KNFW then that should alert me to C130s that don't have KNFW in the User Tag. However this doesn't work. When I add the User Tag field the alerts never come up for any C130s at all. It appears that the UserTag option is not working in the program but I am not sure.

Brandon