Receiver Rangle

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
AlastairC

Receiver Rangle

Post by AlastairC » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:05 pm

A friend of mine has a option that has Receiver range but I don't/ So how do you get it?

Ken355

Re: Receiver Rangle

Post by Ken355 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Did you click on "Menu" at the top of the map, and then click Options/Map? That's where the settings are, but I can't get any range information to appear on the map. Is that your issue as well?

QF1

Post by QF1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:02 am

Hi there

From memory you also have to go into VRS software and ensure your lat and long are set and then Tools/Reset Receiver Range Plot/Receiver and it should start colouring your plot

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Mark

agw

Post by agw » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:21 pm

What QF1 said :) You need to go to Tools | Options | Receiver Locations and add a new location. Then go to the receiver and pick the location you've entered in the Location drop-down list and click OK. Range plots are calculated with the receiver location at their centre.

k5ted

Post by k5ted » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:02 pm

I suspect Alistair is asking about the same thing I have been wondering about.

When a user accesses the page, in the map Menu, the "Show Current Location" is set to:

"Show current location (51.47000 / -0.60000)"

From the server operator standpoint, how do I set the server so that when a user accesses my site, the map automatically centers on my receiver location? I've put in the receiver and receiver location, and matched them up. Still, insists on starting the page at:

"Show current location (51.47000 / -0.60000)"

Is this a security feature, or something that can be fixed through Tools, or is it something that requires injecting the script to change the default current location?

Personally, I don't have a problem with users knowing my receiver location. I'd actually prefer they do know, within a few km of course.