PlaneAlerter 1.0

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Dom2364

PlaneAlerter 1.0

Post by Dom2364 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:38 pm

So I made a program in C# that is basically an alerter so when a plane shows up on the radar with the specified conditions met it sends an email to whatever email you want it to send to. There is a readme included in the zip file with simple instructions on how to set it up. The program also does not need to be running on the actual server because it just gets it from the AircraftList.json file, so you can connect it to any radar you want to. I swear this isn't a virus or anything like that, I originally made it for my own personal use so I get a message on my phone when a military plane flies over. So far it has been very useful and I have seen some planes which otherwise I would've missed without this. There are going to be bugs, so if you get a crash or anything, reply below with every detail and I will try to fix it in an update. If this is breaking any rule or anything on these forums feel free to delete this, I just posted it here because I think some people could benefit from it.

Download Link (From my website): Download
Last edited by Dom2364 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
I write software and take photos.
AussieADSB
Full Throttle Photography

MarkRennie

Re: PlaneAlerter 1.0

Post by MarkRennie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:51 pm

thanks for this. I just tried it and I get an error
Loading configuration from config.ini...
ERROR: No SMTP host port specified or not a number in config.ini ()

even though I do that a port specified.

MarkRennie

Post by MarkRennie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:56 pm

ok got it working... then it keeps crashing

PlaneAlerter Started!

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PlaneAlerter.Program.Main(String[] args)

Dom2364

Post by Dom2364 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Yeah, I've had a few people come back and have that problem. I can't replicate it on my home computer so I have to somehow find a computer with a debugger to test this on.
AussieADSB

Dom2364

Post by Dom2364 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Ok I reuploaded an update that should support those errors better and give more detail. It also now supports non-compressed responses from servers. Just click on the download link on the first post and it'll get the updated version.
AussieADSB

agw

Post by agw » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:38 am

I've just run the ZIP file through VirusTotal and it's reporting a potential problem with the current version of the program:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/363b ... 439425330/

From the looks of it it could be a false positive, it's a bit suspicious that only one scanner reports the problem.

However, if I leave the link to it on here and it turns out that there is a problem then the forum will start getting marked by search engines as a malware site, so for the time being I'm going to err on the side of caution and remove the link to the download.

I've no problem if you want to put in a link to a page on your site where the program can be downloaded though, and once it starts passing VirusTotal's tests I'm happy for the direct download link to go back up.

MarkRennie

Post by MarkRennie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:56 am

AVAST picked it up as malware as well.

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 pm

http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

Dom2364

Post by Dom2364 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Ok, just submitted a false positive report to avira and they came back saying it was indeed a false positive so they have removed it from their virus definitions. I have also changed the code that is triggering it and discovered I can do it in a much easier way and funnily enough it doesn't trip anything for virustotal anymore. I also added support for responses longer than 4096 bytes, something that would be causing a lot of problems for larger radars. The new version is at the bottom of the page at http://www.dom2364.com/projects.html if you want to scan it with more stuff. By the way that metascan-online link didn't work for me.

Dom2364

Post by Dom2364 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 am

Just added an update that fixes a few important things. First of all, there is a new config option where you can enable or disable ssl for the smtp server (it was permanently enabled before), I also fixed a major bug where you couldn't have 2 conditions with the same parameter name. Please if you have a problem email me with the details of the error otherwise it will never be fixed.
AussieADSB