Settings.

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
charliebrown

Settings.

Post by charliebrown » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:51 am

Hi

I've been looking at my upload data settings and was wondering if my VRS settings on the attached .jpeg are O>K.

I've been getting a bit mixed up with VRS and the MLAT-Radar server (which is now 360radar.co.uk) as I upload to both servers.

I am running BaseStation and Planeplotter with the Kinetic 1090 and SDR Pucks.

Regards

Charlie

charliebrown

Re: Settings.

Post by charliebrown » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:56 am

Hi

Forum not uploading my .jpeg file in my post above giving "http error" message.

Charlie

T-EGJA1

Post by T-EGJA1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:29 pm

I don't think you can upload image files directly, AFAIK they must be hosted somewhere. I use Photobucket - upload the file to there, then copy the link into the forum post.
Terry

charliebrown

Post by charliebrown » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks for that T-EGJA1

Here is the .jpeg of my settings.

<removed by administrator>

I'm not sure if I should have two Rebroadcast servers in here.

Anyone help ?

Charlie

T-EGJA1

Post by T-EGJA1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Depends what each re-broadcast is sending to ...... if one of them is for Planeplotter, I would suggest a different configuration as the PP guys don't approve of what they refer to as 'third-party software' between the receiver and PP as it can mess up the timings for MLAT. If you are a GS/MU then they may downgrade your status if they see errors in your timings.

In my set-up, my receiver (microADS-B Bullion) connects directly to PP, then in PP I/O settings, I have the 'TCP/IP server' set to 'enabled' on port 30033 (the IP box is unchecked) and in VRS, my receiver is set to BaseStation format on port 30033; so PP is 'feeding' VRS (the actual port number you use isn't important - just so long as it's the same at both ends and doesn't conflict with anything else). I then have a re-broadcast server in VRS that feeds ADS-B Exchange.
Terry

agw

Post by agw » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:04 am

Once you've figured out what they're being used for you could rename the rebroadcast servers so that you know what they're meant to be sending data to :)

The first one is pushing to an external site and the second one is listening for local connections on 33002, so my guess would be that the first one is sending to 360radar.

You might want to obsfucate the address in the image you uploaded, if the listening end isn't using a passphrase then miscreants could connect to it and stop you from connecting. For the time being I've removed the link to the image from the post.

charliebrown

Post by charliebrown » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:27 am

Hi agw,

Thanks for that.

Have now sorted things as suggested and am now sending data to the VRS server and also 360Radar.

Charlie