Regex plugin - Automatically mark AC as Interesting and Copy Operator to Operator ICAO

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
JavaDaHutch

Regex plugin - Automatically mark AC as Interesting and Copy Operator to Operator ICAO

Post by JavaDaHutch » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Would like to see a function to mark aircraft as interesting based off recorded values, i.e. ICAO, tail number, model, etc. If this were done using regex it would be great as I could specify military from the Civ/Mil flag, ICAO, call sign.

If possible it would also be great if this function could automatically add information in the "Operator ICAO" field as many of my military aircraft are not transmitting the it but it is available in the "Operator" field and I am having to populate it manually.
Computer:RaspberryPi 3 B Receiver:FlightAware Pro Stick Filter:FlightAware 1090 Feedline:LMR400 - 15' Feedline:LMR240 - 1' Protection:CCG N-Type Lightning Arrestor Enclosure:BUD Industries NEMA Box Power:PoE OS:Piaware 3.x.x (latest)

agw

Re: Regex plugin - Automatically mark AC as Interesting and Copy Operator to Operator ICAO

Post by agw » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:16 pm

I've added the regex plugin idea to the list. Not sure what you're saying in the second part - aircraft don't transmit the operator ICAO, that's coming from lookup data. It could be that the operator ICAO was just missing for a bunch of military aircraft.

JavaDaHutch

Re: Regex plugin - Automatically mark AC as Interesting and Copy Operator to Operator ICAO

Post by JavaDaHutch » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:51 am

Awesome that it is now on the list!

The second part could use the lookup information, and when it is missing (only the Operator field is populated via lookup) the plugin could have a configurable field to automatically enter a chosen ICAO data. A lot of my USAF, USMC, and USN aircraft are populated with only the Operator. I would like my USAF a/c to have AIO automatically populated into the Operator ICAO field, USMC to VM, and USN to VV, etc...

That way VRS could populate as much of the fields as it can via lookup, and the plugin could be configured by the user to populate the rest so the flags show up instead of being blank until I use the DB editor manually.
Computer:RaspberryPi 3 B Receiver:FlightAware Pro Stick Filter:FlightAware 1090 Feedline:LMR400 - 15' Feedline:LMR240 - 1' Protection:CCG N-Type Lightning Arrestor Enclosure:BUD Industries NEMA Box Power:PoE OS:Piaware 3.x.x (latest)