DatabaseWriter plugin and "Show path taken on map"

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
sergsero

DatabaseWriter plugin and "Show path taken on map"

Post by sergsero » Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Hello,
When Basestation.sqb file was created and updated in BaseStation SBS-1 program v.1.2.3.161, then the report's function "Show path taken on map" is available.
But if that same file was continuing to DatabaseWriter plugin, in the report there is no way to display the flight path on the map.
In the Options chosen only first: "ticked in the Enabled box".

agw

Re: DatabaseWriter plugin and "Show path taken on map"

Post by agw » Tue May 15, 2012 6:37 pm

The "Show path taken on map" option is only shown if the aircraft transmits its location. The plugin does write the start and finish coordinates for such flights, I've been using the plugin since I wrote it and all of the reports from it for aircraft that transmit locations do show the option.

I've looked up today's flights of THY51 - the two flights I have were both flown by TC-JJE and every flight I've got recorded for that aircraft has the option to show the paths on the report. If you could upload your database to one of the file sharing sites like Dropbox or SkyDrive, and then PM or email me to let me know the address of it, I'll download it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

briangm

Post by briangm » Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 am

I'm seeing the same problem when feeding VRS / DatabaseWriter from Planeplotter.

What appears to be happening is that the plugin is storing 0.0 in the FirstLat and FirstLon fields for the flights table. This seems to prevent VRS from offering to display the flight path on the map when running reports. When looking at the map in real-time everything behaves as expected and the trail accurately records the flight's progress.

I guess the fix would be to not record FirstLat, FirstLon until a value other than 0,0 is seen ?

Brian
EIDWW1.jpg
EIDWW1.jpg (52.29 KiB) Viewed 5642 times
EIDWW2.jpg
EIDWW2.jpg (25.75 KiB) Viewed 5642 times

agw

Post by agw » Tue May 29, 2012 6:07 pm

briangm wrote:I guess the fix would be to not record FirstLat, FirstLon until a value other than 0,0 is seen ?
That's no problem, I'll do that for the next release.

briangm

Post by briangm » Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm

agw wrote:That's no problem, I'll do that for the next release.
Great! I'm finding VRS to be an increasingly powerful application. Keep up the good work.

Brian

jfm

Post by jfm » Wed May 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Thank you! I was seeing the same issue.

briangm

Post by briangm » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 pm

The fix in the latest version seems to be working nicely.

Thanks,
Brian