Map Brightness

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
geffers

Map Brightness

Post by geffers » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Folks,

Running 2.4.2 on Linux and using latest Firefox as browser, VRS appears to be working fine but would like to clarify something; I've tried various map displays and whilst all are perfectly readable they all appear slightly dark as though viewed through sunglasses.

This may be intentional for clarity but just checking in case it is a setting I have missed.

Thank you,

Geffers

geffers

Re: Map Brightness

Post by geffers » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Now I am guessing it must be a setting somewhere as if I go to adsbexchange.com and view their Global Radar View the map is bright as I would expect.

Geffers

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Most of the OSM maps are set to about 70% brightness because otherwise they can be a bit too bright for the altitude & speed trails. At the moment it is not configurable, that might change in the future.

ADSBExchange are using the Google Maps provider. That provider adds a dim custom map type for use with altitude & speed trails.

geffers

Post by geffers » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Thanks for reply, noticed assbexchange were brighter and that they used Google maps.

Cant quite understand Google's key system to use their map but the OSM maps are fine.

Geffers