Aircraft Trails Mod

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
larry785

Aircraft Trails Mod

Post by larry785 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm

I just started using Virtual Radar server a few days ago, I went as far as buying the rtl-sdr blog LNA - works great!

Is there a way to show dots on the map instead of a line or "trail"? I want to see when there is a loss of signal while the plane is in the air. This will help me understand my antenna pattern and radio propagation. Each dot will represent a data point.

agw

Re: Aircraft Trails Mod

Post by agw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I'm afraid that you can't do that at the moment, but I like the idea. I'm not sure what it would look like though. If it's just a bunch of dots and you turn it on for all aircraft then you're going to get a mess of dots. Then again, if you're looking for holes in coverage then that's not a bad thing. But those dots... they can't be polylines like the current trails, I think they'll need to be markers. That could be an awful lot of markers... hundreds, maybe thousands of them.