'Notes' field

The "to-do" list for Virtual Radar Server is as long as my arm, but if you want to pile more work onto it then this is for you.
T-EGJA1

'Notes' field

Post by T-EGJA1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:25 am

Hi Andrew,

We currently have the option of a column for 'Notes' in the Report list view - would it be possible to add this field to the 'Aircraft Details' and/or the 'Aircraft info Window' of the main live display?

Thanks
Terry

ak1

Re: 'Notes' field

Post by ak1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Has this option been removed from the latest version? The 'notes' field is still there in the editor but I can't find a way of displaying the info on the live map aircraft info panel. It used to be there in previous versions as I use it a lot to advise the users about miscodes and special liveries etc. There is no longer any mention of it in the 'aircraft' or 'list' menus. :( Is this a bug?

Andrew?

agw

Post by agw » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 pm

I overlooked T-EGJA1's original post when he made it back in June. As far as I'm aware the UserNotes field has never been shown on the site, it's just shown on the reports. You might be thinking of the UserTag field? That one's shown on the live map page.

There's no reason why it can't be added to the map page though.

ak1

Post by ak1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:57 pm

agw wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 pm
I overlooked T-EGJA1's original post when he made it back in June. As far as I'm aware the UserNotes field has never been shown on the site, it's just shown on the reports. You might be thinking of the UserTag field? That one's shown on the live map page.

There's no reason why it can't be added to the map page though.
You are correct Andrew. It is actually the desktop reporter where the notes field can be set to show (that's where I saw it), but there is no option to enable it on the live map aircraft detail panel. Is this an oversight or intentional? The field is obvsiously incredibly useful to add additional info for the user, such as comments about special paint schemes, miscodes, tactical codes with no fixed reg etc. Is it a quick fix to implement it or would it require releasing a new version? :)

agw

Post by agw » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:25 pm

It will require a new version. I'd already added an issue for it (or rather the inconsistency of the visibility of UserNotes and UserTag) on Github, it'll be addressed in the next set of previews:

https://github.com/vradarserver/vrs/issues/22