Aircraft photos not showing

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Raffles
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by Raffles » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:23 pm

defo a parse issue - pics are all there ok:
http://www.airport-data.com/images/airc ... 540908.jpg

Raffles
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by Raffles » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:42 pm

found aircraft.ts - but I don't do JSON sorry
wish I could help...


aircraft lookup log seems fine... any more tests I can do for you?

PS - mobile.html exactly the same problem...

seems to be looking locally - rather than airport-data.com: http://10.20.30.22/aircraft/photo/001493296.html [10.20.30.22 is my local server addy)

jepolch
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by jepolch » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:13 pm

So every VRS in the world is experiencing the same problem. Could we please hear from @agw if something is planned to return the aircraft photos? Will a later version of VRS offer alternatives to PlaneBase in "Aircraft details online lookup"? Thank you.

Raffles
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by Raffles » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:37 am

JFYI - same in v2.4.3

gonna try a re-install of 244 later...

UPDATE:complete re-install doesn't fix it :(

jepolch
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by jepolch » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Raffles wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:37 am
JFYI - same in v2.4.3

gonna try a re-install of 244 later...

UPDATE:complete re-install doesn't fix it :(
Thanks for trying. I guess 2.4.4. is still pointing at planebase.biz and they've cut us off.

UA4WIY
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by UA4WIY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 am

I realized airport-data.com changed the json formation in the API so the pictures do not show. I rewrote the code at planeradar.ru, and the pictures began to show again. We will wait for Andrew to fix this.

Raffles
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by Raffles » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:33 am

UA4WIY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 am
I realized airport-data.com changed the JSON formation in the API so the pictures do not show. I rewrote the code at planeradar.ru, and the pictures began to show again. We will wait for Andrew to fix this.

re-wrote which bit?

Raffles
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by Raffles » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:08 am

jepolch wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:42 pm
Raffles wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:37 am
JFYI - same in v2.4.3

gonna try a re-install of 244 later...

UPDATE:complete re-install doesn't fix it :(
Thanks for trying. I guess 2.4.4. is still pointing at planebase.biz and they've cut us off.
it's actually nothing to do with planebiz - that was me reading it wrong... airport-data.com are the culprits this time...

UA4WIY
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by UA4WIY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:21 am

Raffles wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:33 am
UA4WIY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 am
I realized airport-data.com changed the JSON formation in the API so the pictures do not show. I rewrote the code at planeradar.ru, and the pictures began to show again. We will wait for Andrew to fix this.

re-wrote which bit?
Eny strings on format.js

Raffles
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Aircraft photos not showing

Post by Raffles » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:43 pm

UA4WIY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:21 am
Raffles wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:33 am
UA4WIY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 am
I realized airport-data.com changed the JSON formation in the API so the pictures do not show. I rewrote the code at planeradar.ru, and the pictures began to show again. We will wait for Andrew to fix this.

re-wrote which bit?



Eny strings on format.js
:) thanks

Post Reply